Wednesday 16 January 2013

Boo!

So the count down to the husband coming home with a kit bag full of washing has begun.  I should be running round like a mad loon possessed getting the house ready but the boring truth is that I've been that organised that its pretty much up together.  I did think about having a hot date with the ironing pile tonight but I'm honestly pooped so I plumped for an evening on the sofa with a G&T and a bag of revels.  Yummy.

Super cold here at the moment (by UK standards).  Last night was due to get down to -9 degrees C.  Which I accept in Russian is positively balmy.  In the UK its enough to send us mad!  We instantly run about bulk buying bread and milk, roads become impassable and schools close at an alarming rate.  My thoughts immediately turned to my lovely piggies.  Thats just too cold for any pet.  Action stations!!  Box located and a new home was found in the downstairs loo of all places.  Heres the thing, my husband is actually a very clever chap.  There he is 7500miles away and still being helpful.  "Use the fire guard lover", he said.  God bless the Army, providing us with such items even though its been in the cupboard for 6 months.  Voila..........................


Perfect emergency piggy home for Jeff and Bungle.  Safely in our storage cupboard, nice and snug but not to warm, peaceful and not likely to cause death by freezing.

Crafty news!!!  I decided that I must have a new set of russian dolls in my life but that these should be crocheted.  I can report that the crochet has now been completed and that I'm now on to the felt work.

I also treated myself to a new Hyacinth and Amaryllis.  I promise to take some photos of them tomorrow.  They are delightful and they haven't even flowered yet.  Such a heart lifting moment when these plants start hitting the shops.  It means that spring is on its way!!!!  It signifies the end of the short dark days.  Don't get me wrong, I love the short dark days that allow us to snuggle and wrap up warm but there does come a time when the excitement of new life and the promise of new colour and vibrance is very much the order of the day.

Looking forward to the promise of 10cm of snow on friday.  I can say that I'm looking forward to it as its my day off from the kitchen and I don't have to travel anywhere.  If you don't have to travel in the up coming weather, DONT.  If you do have to travel make sure you have a fully charged phone, blankets,  a flask of a warm drink, shovel, warning triangle and old carpets pieces to increase traction beneath your tyres.  Yes I know thats all very grown up advice but the district nurse in me is issuing a lecture to my staff.  I have dusted the sledge off, got the wellies ready and will be moving my car off of the road to prevent those who have no idea what so ever, sliding all over the place and parking in the side of my car.

Have fun and brace for photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment