Sunday 3 February 2013

Back to normal.

Well we're all back from a wonderful week in Disney Land Paris and all fully rested ready to take on the coming week.

We had an amazing time playing, eating, relaxing, gazing in wondrous awe at the fantastic 20th anniversary celebrations and just soaking up time having Daddy home from his little "holiday".

Now even the most miserable "grown up" can't fail to melt into a giddy child in the face of Disney at full power.  I've been lucky enough to go 3 times now and even witnessed the Christmas celebrations.  Nothing beats Disney at night.  Stunning. 

Even in the wet and wind its still breathtaking.  Its not the normal natural beauty that I enjoy surrounding myself with or indeed the low maintenance simplicity of my lovely cosy home but it is fantastic and I'm delighted that we have been fortunate enough to share it with our children.

It's Disney land Paris' 20th anniversary and the celebrations are spectacular.  If you can get there to see it then I strongly suggest you do.  The laser and firework show on the castle in the black back drop of night were an experience that none of us will ever forget.

Just have to love Mickey!

I'm afraid that a photo was as close as I got to having this fabulous hat forever.  I loved it but there was no way that I could justify its cost.  Lets just say that the exchange rate was not in our favour.  A small glass of red wine worked out at £5.50!!!

During our break we also got wind of the next phase of our family adventure.  Looks like I'd better stock up on Cilit Bang and packing boxes sooner than I'd thought.  On wards and upwards.  Even more happy times, we have been spoilt.

The one thing (other than the exchange rate) that I do despair at with the Disney experience is the sheer lack of vegetables and fruit.  Even the fruit at breakfast is from a massive tin and served in syrup.  My wonderful adventurous hubby took his pigeon french off to the nearest town to stock up on supplies.  I've never seen the kids eyes out on stalks for a bag of apples before.  I suppose they are so used to a fully stocked fruit bowl but I kid you not, they devoured a bag of apples in little more than an hour!  We've had so many veg since we came home.  Also people, take cups and brew kit!!!!!  What use is a kettle with out the other stuff.  PACK IT AND TAKE IT!!!

In other news I have decided to start a crochet blanket.  Its no secret that I'm an avid reader of Lucy's blog at Attic24 and she is a huge inspiration to me.  I would also like to point out that she is just and inspiration and that I respect her creative ability enough not to copy her.  Nothing irritates me more than people who just plagiarise.  Respect, appreciate and attribute full credit if required.  In this instance I would say that I am following one of her "ta da's", go over and check out her granny square blanket.  I'm aspiring to it although I've never had the stamina to complete a blanket yet so a few flying pigs may fly by before it evolves into something more than a carrier bag of wool and odd squares.

Well, normality is screaming my name.  School bags need sorting, work bags need finding again and nursery committee minutes need finishing.  Pass me my hooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment